Bootstrap Framework 3.3.6

Over a dozen reusable components built to provide iconography, dropdowns, input groups, navigation, alerts, and much more...

Welcome to SjalBarn! Do you want to talk to other BabyWearer? Come on in...

Moderatorer: Asia, krakri, God_cares

Användarens profilbild
Av April
Could your help me with the names of the topics please...
Could it look like this?

BabyWearing (in general)
Wraps
Brands
Other

Or... should it be something else?

Kram (hug)
Senast redigerad av April den fre sep 09, 2005 15:23, redigerad totalt 2 gång.
Av ellyzoe
hi april, thanks so much for having us! :D

what would be the difference between "wraps" and "brands"? that brands would include carriers other than wraps? probably a wrap-related english-language forum would be handy, since, for now at least, i'd guess that most of the english-language visitors are partial to wraps.
Användarens profilbild
Av April
Ok, maybe I should wait a moment before I have new topics... I guess you will shout when you need new topics ;-) :lol:

I believed that "Wraps" was when you talked about different kind of slings as "RingSling", "LongSling" (I do not know the name of the different kinds :oops: )

I thought that "Brands" was different kinds of trademarks...

My thought was that you could discuss this things under different kind of topics - like we have on SjalBarn :-D

You must help me, I guess we got some "language-problems"
:roll: :oops:

Kram (Hug)
April
Användarens profilbild
Av Josie
I think it could be helpful to have sections such as:

Mei Tai

Ring Slings

Wraps (or Wrappers Paradise :lol: )

Pouches

and I can't think of any other types of carrier at the moment.

People could make their own threads within these sections for discussing any particular brands they want to like over at Thebabywearer.com I guess.

That's just my thoughts on the matter.

It's really exciting to come to this website and mix with the scandanvians and friends, I like the lovely pictures in the Galleri, and am keen to see more of the short wraps which seem to be well loved here.

Thank you April (kram) :D
Användarens profilbild
Av diddeldi
let's make a quick translation of the most common words in here :wink:

wraps - långsjalar

ring slings - ringsjalar

pouches - bärpåsar

mei tais/asian baby carriers - abc-sele/fyrkantssjalar

we also have something that we call sele, the ergo for example. do you call these anything special or just baby carriers?
Användarens profilbild
Av karisaf
Thanks for the pic, Helena.....I think I have decided on the Sol :)

We call Ergos "Soft Structured Carriers"
Användarens profilbild
Av polihaupt
See! Baby wearing is culture! What other baby related activity allows one to learn some German and Swedish in the process?? :lol:
Av Gäst
I know, it's great isn't it! My daughter is learning German at school, I'm strongly encouraging her by asking her to translate my german Didymos brochure! :lol:

I even stayed up the other evening to watch a "Ray Mears" survival show based in Sweden. It was nothing to do with babywearing :( (must have a word with him about including babywearing in his shows, after all, it is part of survival IMO :lol: )!

It was so nice seeing the traditional reindeer folk, and it made me want to rush out, buy bundles of fancy braid, and customize my Didy babywearing coat. :wink:
I definately want a hat with Reindeer on it too now!

Where will I be able to find pictures of traditional Swedish baby carriers?
Användarens profilbild
Av polihaupt
I had NO idea there a tradition of baby wearing in Scandinavia!! :shock: I lived there, so I should know :lol:
Användarens profilbild
Av Daniellas mamma
cool seeing thebabywearer moms here at sjalbarn! talk about doing crossovers! i myself read at thebabywearer a lot :) im actually from the philippines but born and raised as a city girl though....one time we went up to visit a place up in the mountains where some tribes live...babywearing is so much alive there! anywhere from the fancy cloths and prints to the practical t-shirts, bed sheets, towels, etc......

the city parents on the other hand are slowly developing muscles on just one arm (after too much carrying without any help of carriers or shawls) :lol:
Esploriamo le Suonerie Gratis!

Ciao a tutti! Voglio condividere con te una grande[…]

Chcę podzielić się z Wami moim najnowszym odkrycie[…]

Ny forumägare & Sjalbarns framtid!

Jag surfar ofta på forumet medan jag spelar […]

¡Hola a todos! Quiero compartir con ustedes[…]

Du har väl inte missat våra andra artiklar & köpguider?